Suggest medication for typhoid fever

Helo I want to ask about typhoid fever my son is suffering from typhoid fever since 1 week but still he got fever at night or after 12 hrs inspite of getting antibiotics What you suggest should the antibiotic continue for another week (cefspan DS) or should i change on injectable?? Or this is the pattern of recovery
Tue, 30 Jun 2015

I understand your concern.

Now I guess you have to change antibiotic because with appropriate antibiotic therapy on injectable or Ofloxacin(Ciprofloxacin) orally,because there is usually improvement within one to two days and recovery within seven to 10 days.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Wishing your son speedy recovery and good health.