Suggest medication for allergic asthma

I have allergic asthma. Once I was prescribed to take montair fx along with combihale and asthalin for 30 days. I was suggested to use asthalin liberally. After the course, my wheezing was down till a month or so. But gradually over the time the condition is that, i have it everyday. One day I took montair fx and it reduced for two days. I have been taking it since then. Now, wheezing doesn t reduce with the intake of inhalers. It reduces only with montair fx. What are the side effects of prolonged use of montair fx ? Any other remedy to cure/reduce my asthma attacks ?
Tue, 29 Dec 2015
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Asthma is allergic disease. It needs regular treatment in the form of anti allergic drug and inhaled treatment.
Best way to control allergy is identification of allergen and if possible complete avoidance of it.
So avoid dust, pollens, mites, animal fur, smoke etc. Wear face mask every time you go outside home.
Montair FX is having montelukast and fexofenadine. Montelukast is anti allergic drug and fexofenadine is antihistamine drug. Both are safe for long term without any side effects. So continue montair FX, it is good drug for asthma control.
Also continue long acting inhaled bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS).
You should take these drugs for prolonged period (atleast 1-2 years). Further tapering of drugs is based on PFT (Pulmonary Function Test) report.
So consult pulmonologist and discuss all these.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.