Suggest medication for a bladder condition

Hi , My friend (40 yrs old) had a stomach pain and doctor diagnose as gall stone stuck in bile duct through ERCP. Since his bilirubin was high, they placed a stent in common bile duct. After few weeks of stenting he have undergone an open surgery and the stone and gall bladder was removed. 4 weeks after surgery he did LFT and ultra sound, everything was OK and doctor removed the stent again using ERCP. Immediately after ERCP and stent removal he develop a fever and no stomach pain. The low grade fever (99-100 deg F) still persisting (almost 12 days) and it only appearing on once in 24 hours (particularly night) lasting for 1-2 hour. No other complain. he has his appetite proper. What could be the possible reason of this fever? Should he wait another 2-3 days to visit treating doctor? Regards, someone
Fri, 29 May 2015
HI
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, the only possible reason after post operative procedure in case of fever is infection if antibiotic not being given then it has to be started else this is nothing to worry, if the fever still persistence then it may need investigations hope this information helps take care