Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Suffers catatonic pshifrenia, can't work. Tried Lorazapam, Risperdone, no help. Solution ?

I am looking for a doctor who accepts medicaid. My son needs a doctor who treats catatonic pshifrenia. He is 28 years old and has no money. Can t work. Stares into space. Speaks little. He is on Lorazapam which has helped just a little. Was on risperdone which did not help at all. His present MD psychiatrist in Long Valley, NJ has only once come upon a catatonic pshifrentic. I feel I need a doctor who has dealt more often with his condition.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I hope you meant Catatonic Schizophrenia. Catatonic schizophrenia is one of several types of schizophrenia, a chronic mental illness in which a person loses touch with reality (psychosis). Does the psychiatrist correctly diagnose the problem?

Your need is well understood. You need to find a good psychiatrist. Lorazapam is of good use after Benzodiazepines. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), Antipsychotic drugs, and when first-line treatment options fail, NMDA antagonists such as amantadine or memantine are used.

For all this services of a good psychiatrist is a must. Wish your child speedy recovery.
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor