Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suffering with polio in one leg. Is it curable?

Hi doctor ,my husband is affected with polio ,his right leg is affected, he walks with the hand support,is their any way to change this,i mean by any surgery?,please help if yes,please tell what are possibilities for that,how long it will take after surgery,[my aunt who walks with the help of stick got cured after surgery and now she walks normally]so i want to know whether it is possible for my husband ,His age is 28,polio occured at the age of 7.,If possible how it will cost doctor ,please provide your valuable suggestion doctor? Regards Asha
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  275
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, kindly consult a good orthopaedic doctor , get xray done and if there is contracture causing limp, it can be cured by surgery.
Answered: Thu, 26 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor