Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suffering with hemifacial spasm, have healthy lifestyle. What treatment should be taken?

I am suffering from hemifacial spasm .(involuntary twitching of right eye). I am ex-army officer presently working in a nationalised bank. Being ex army officer I take two drinks once or twice a week. Otherwise I am physically active and regularly carry out meditation and excercise daily for half an hour. Please advise remedy. Cap.Prakash YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  239
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Hemifacial spasm can be due to compression of facial nerve by a small blood vessel in brain stem region in brain. In some cases the mri is normal. In normal mri patients drugs given to reuduce twitchings may not work in all. The best solution is injecting a drug called botulinum toxin into the facial nerves periodically shows good results. In patients with mri showing compression of nerve may benefit with botulinum injection. If the response is not good then decompression of nerve( surgery ) would be useful.
Answered: Wed, 25 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor