Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suffering with diabetes since long, have elevated creatinine level, kidney problem, under hemodialysis. Is there any other alternative?

Hello Doctor, my father is 65 years old and he is suffering from Diabetes from 15 years now he has problem in his both kidney and creatinine level was 7 and he is under haemodialysis twice a week, is there any treatment for kidney so my father can be free from haemodialysis, your suggestion will be great help for us....
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Your father should be diagnosed DM,DM NEPHROPATHY,CRF


There is option of kidney transplant ,but it doesnt look possible with age and other factors

,u should continue dialysis as per advise of ur nephrologist,by the time for his better health get investigated by optholmologist for fundus investigation to rule out diabetic retinopathy,

This patient are usuall with high blood pressure too ushould be care with it too,it can even cause some other complication
Answered: Fri, 7 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hello Sanjay,
Diabetes is a very complicated disorder as it remains asymptomatic for years. And when the person get to know about it, generally its very late. The major complication of diabetes is the Neuropathy and Nephropathy which leads to very fatal results, Although it affects every system of the body.
As your father is 65 years old and already on haemodialysis, very few options are there.
I have treated few cases like this through Homeopathic medication. But for a better treatment I need a proper case history of the patient.
In your case in my opinion you can try a homeopathic medicine "Phlorizin-200", it is a rare drug, But I have got miracleous results with the remedy. Only 3 doses with an interval of 10 minutes each are sufficient. And also use Phos. 30 along from the next day, twice daily for 7 days. U'll yourself see the difference.
Keep me posted about the condition of your father.
Also keep following the various diet and regimen as suggested by your Doctor to control the sugar level, and continue dialysis till his condition gets better.
Wishing a better recovery for him,
Gudluck. :-)
Answered: Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor