Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suffering from upper back pain, mental sickness. Can I swim again?

i have been suffering from upper back pain ,mainly around the scapula region..i used to undergo rigorous swimming training for two years but from past two years i have been having no form of exercise as i had stopped swimming..i am an architecture student..the pain started when i was draughting my sheets four months back since then i have been having real bad pain and i have not been able to do anything since then..its making me mentally sick..i have been attending physiotherapy..but see no question is can i start swimming again? as people say its a form of a therapy.
thank you
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to health care Magic
You can swim if you feel comfortable and don't feel pain at your shoulder or scapula. But first you should consult with your family physician and physiotherapist further on they will advise you after access your condition.
take care
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor