Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suffering from swollen gums.

my gums are swollen and sore on the left side of my mouth and it hurts to chew food on that side, should i go to the emergency room to see whats wrong?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Feb 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  3608
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
your are suffering from gingivitis. A dentist should be consulted and scaling of teeth should be done. proper oral hygiene measures thereafter can prevent this problem. Brush twice daily, flossing should be done once a day, change tooth brush once in 3 months, visit your dentist once in 6 months.
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
There are many causes of gum swelling. They are- trauma, inflammation, allergy to food and/medication, plaque, infection in teeth leading to the bone infection and gum swelling etc. Please go to a dentist for examination and treatment. For temporary relief you can apply Mucopain ointment and Stolin gum astringent alternately.
Answered: Mon, 10 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. You may be having gingivitis.. Use analgesics.. Rub the affected with warm salt saline.. Avoid hot and spicy food.. Multivitamin pills will help in recovery.. glycerine local application for soothening.. Consult your dentist for appropriate antibiotics if needed..

Answered: Sat, 27 Feb 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor