Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Suffering from stress and depression. Looking for suggestion

hi doctor, i have been under sever post marital stress , essentially because of 2 families not getting aligned. More so because my wife refuses to understand or even discuss these. I have because of this physically injured myself on various occasions, which brings temporary relief. Even thoughts like suicide comes to my mind, but because I understand the plight it may leave on the people left behind, refrain myself from doing anything stupid. Please suggest what to do?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello Mr Rishi......
Thanks for your query. I understand the difficulty you are going through. I would suggest you to contact a psychological counsellor skilled in marital counselling/ family therapy to try and bridge the differences as the family at present seems to be dysfunctional. Interpersonal psychotherapy focusing on role transition or disputes needs to be attempted. There is a possibility of the current adjustment disorder progressing to full blown depressive disorder and hence i would suggest you try the above measures as early as possible.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Thu, 17 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor