Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suffering from skin cancer, that is eating earlobe and the part of ear

Hi! How you doing? My dad is 58 he is around 5 7 and he weights about 155 and he is dealing with a type of skin cancer that is eating his earlobe a and part of the ear and bleeds from it a lot! specially with direct sunlight or heat!! We have tried laser surgery but it didnt work and his infection is getting worse! We need all the help and information you can give us!! Thanks!!!
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  246
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Please visit a oncologist for definative treatment.There are various options available now a day which can help him.Apply some light dressing over the affected area to avoid bleeing on touch.In some cases surgery is also advised.
wishing him good health.
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
on ear lobe there may be two type of cancer
-squamous cell carcinoma or melanoma
both can be surgically cured.
laser is not best option available.
microsurgery is there which removal small area of normal skin with involved skin ,so there is no chance of reoccur.
u should consult dermatologist and surgeon both for proper treatment.
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor