Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Suffering from parkinson. Is it curable are there any solution ?

I am Professor Abdun Noor (male), Bangladesh. Age 61+, height 5 feet 6 inches, weight 70 kg. I have been suffering from early parkinson (speaking and writing problem) since 2008. I have been treating in Dhaka Apollo Hospital under Dr Sanjit Kumer Das. He advised me to see Doctor Alexander Mathew of CMCH, Vellore. I am preparing to come to CMC, Vellore in the first week of July 2011. How can I get help in this regard. yours sincerely Professor Abdun Noor, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  253
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi Prof. Noor
I am Ayurvedic doctor and in herbs there is a herb on which lot of work is onway as cure for parkinsons and this herb is kaunch seeds. Here there is a concern Zandu pharmacy which has a medicine named zandopa that contain kaunch and is recommended for parkinsons.
Answered: Fri, 1 Jul 2011
Neurologist Dr. Sreekanta Swamy's  Response
Dear sir
Since you say it is early parkinson,s disease, it may respond to medication well , and if it is parkinson,s disease-primary you need to be on long term medication which can keep you nearly normal in your activities. If you have a good neurologist there in your place he may advise you about the medications
Answered: Fri, 8 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor