Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Suffering from pain or irritation on waist. Treated with trinerve. Am I okay?

Dear Sir, I am suffering from pain/ irritation on the waist for the last one year and also on front side of thigh pinning pain. Pain/ irritation does not extend beyond knees on lower side. Sometimes standing creates maximum irritation. I was treated with trinerve and excercise which did not solve the problem. last month consulted a Ortho spine surgeon there and x-ray and MRI was done which are as follows:- 1.At L5 level, bilateral spondylolysis , grade I anterolisthesis, dessicated disc with pseudodisc bulge causing stenosis of bilateral neural foramine and impining bilateral exiting nerves. 2. At L4-L5 level, dessicated disc, partial annular tear with mild posterior disc btulge intending thecal sac. After seeing the MRI doctor suggested surgery to be done since it has affected nerves which caused irritation which goes beyond waist. I am sir, not at all prepared for surgery and asked for medication and gabapentin Mecabolamin along with paracetamol as pain killer was given and physiotherapist showed some excercise which i could start last week. After doing these exercise my problem aggravated and again i contacted one orthopedics who said the exercises were not correct which aggravated my problem and further suggested some excercise and also suggested to take Trinerve daily. Sir, My humble request to you that as suggested by doctors whether SURGERY is must to cure this problems? I will definitely take the advise of your esteemed Institute before taking any decision. Thanks, Sir, Atleast if possible kindly answer my question to relive me of great tension.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  269
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for this query.

From the information you have orifices, Surgery would be a good option to consider after medical treatment. I will suggest that you try the medical treatment for like 3months and should the pain persist, I'll suggest that you strongly consider the surgical options proposed to you.

I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information our clarification if need be.
Answered: Tue, 22 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor