Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Suffering from mixed bipolar disorder. How to get cured?

I have a friend who I fully believe suffers from Mixed Bipolar Disorder . I really want them to get in and get help, but their favorite pass time is collecting guns and going to shooting ranges and such, Their afraid if they are diagnosed that they will take all of that away from them. Or they wont be able to buy any more or anything of the such, I don t know if this is something anyone could tell me but I figured I would try.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I appreciate your time here. The thought of helping your friend when you believe he may get into trouble soon is appealing. I honor your trials to retain the relationship.

When you cannot reveal the problem to your friend and unsure of the diagnosis, a lot of effort is needed from his family and you to figure out how to take him to the expert for a diagnosis. A Psychiatrist is right person to diagnose and treat. The job is half done if you just appoint with a Psychiatrist. Counselling has to be learnt by all the members who are associated with him.

A Psychiatrist can work a solution with which they would not lose their past time too. He can provide solutions to the counseling members.


Answered: Mon, 11 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
It can be difficult handling such people but you can consider speaking to a psychiatrist and tell him to meet your friend in a casual place. That scenario should provide a psychiatrist a suitable avenue to evaluate him. If he does have a problem, you would need to take his family into confidence and probably mix the drugs in his food/drink.
Answered: Mon, 11 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor