Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Suffering from jaundice. Can I drink green tea?

Hello Doctor, I m aged 26. I m having a jaundice and following suggested diet by my family doctor. Just curious about drinking Green tea during the suffer of jaundice. My doctor adviced to take tea or coffee without milk. Please let me know, can i take green tea at this stage. if yes, will 2 cup a day be fine? Please advice. Thanks in advance! - A
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  1375
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HCM.
Yes, you can drink green tea 2 cups a day. Avoid fatty, fried foods.
Answered: Fri, 10 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hello arunji
welcome to health care magic
in case of jaundice fat intake avoided as to give rest our liver as milk has fat your doctor has given advice to take tea or coffee without milk .... i see no harm in taking green tea only you have take care that the tea preparation you take is fresh .
take care
Answered: Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor