Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Suffering from hyperacidity for the past five years

sir, I am age 25, weight 49,hight 5.6 inc.I have been suffer hyperacidity from five year.please sugest me which medicine i can take for best result.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Aug 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
hi well come to hcm.
hyper acidity usually associated with stress, tobacoo, alcohol, spicy food etc. To fet rid
of hyper acidity you get to care for all these factors even some of the drugs can give
you hyper acidity. Drugs like Ranitidine,famotidine,Pento prazole, etc in different
strenth with different prise. you may select out of this as per your affordability. Thanks
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Thanks for nice query
There are variety of medicines ,you can take H2 blockers ,protone pump inhibitors.but only after consuling your doctor
Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Dhananjay's  Response
Before jumping to medications try to find out cause of ur hyperacidity. irregular eating habbits, spicy food, alcohol, smoking, late night awakening, stress etc..are some of the causes.
there are many anti peptic ulcer drugs, like ranitidine, femotidine, omeprazole, pantoprazole etc consult ur doctor and before taking it
hyperacidity can also be due to H.pylori bacteria infection (one of the most common cause). consult ur doctor for anti H.pylori treatment also.
take care... bye.....
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor