Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Suffering from foot pain. Prescribed lodol, chymotrip. X-ray showed slight ligament tear. Permanent cure?

doctor i am 35 years old i got severe pain in my right foot before two months x ray told i have slight ligament tear and gave me lodol and chymotrip and told me to take some rest but i cant take complete rest and i have reduced pain if itake lodol each and every night now before my period iam getting foot pain again and not completely cured what to do
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail.
Ligament tears can be very troublesome. You need to give it importance or else it can be a trouble later on.
There is no clear cut permanent cure. If the pain doesn't reduce by rest then in 1-2 months you can plan for a surgery and correction of the defect.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

This is just to let you know that Ligament injuries cannot be diagnosed by xrays as they are not visualised in xrays. Propably, your treating doctor might have made a clinical diagnosis as a ligament tear.

For the ligaments to heal properly, the corresponding injured joints must be immobilised for a definite period of time either in a cast or brace.

I think this (immobilization) has not been done in your case, leading to inadequate healing which might be causing symptoms of pain and swelling.

Consult your treating doctor and follow his advice accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor