Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Suffering from cold, cough, allergies. Taking bio-c, slight relief. Safe to recommend?

Hi, I am XXXXXXX. I regularly suffer from cold, cough , mouth alcer and some allergy problem.I am taking Bio C for the past 1 month. I don t see much difference. Is Bio C good for health? My sister also having same problem. Can i recommend it her ? she is 40 years old. My mother suffer from joint pain and neck pain . Can i refer her Cal mag tablet from XXXXX. She is 65.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Do you have recurrent watery diarrhea, abdominal pain and bleeding per rectum?
There may be possibility of viral induced upper respiratory tract infection with mouth ulcers.
presence of cold, cough along with mouth ulcers suggest the diagnosis.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You and your sister should take multivitamin with zinc supplements, vitamin C, rebapimide and proton pump inhibitors.
You should also take cough suppressants along complete antibiotic course.
You should also go for colonoscopy if above mentioned symptoms are also present.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Thu, 3 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon's  Response
Hello Joseph
Thank you for getting in touch with us. As I see, you have being suffering from cold,cough, mouth ulcers, allergy problems etc and have been taking Bio C for it. Bio C is just a multivitamin pack and won't take care of most of the problems you are suffering from. We would recommend you to get in touch with your Doctor who might conduct a few tests to confirm the diagnosis. It might be a case of some allergic reaction, infection, flu etc. Therefore, it would be impossible for us to make the diagnosis without examining you. As for your mother, you might need to get a DEXA scan for bone density. You need to consult an orthopaedician for that. Hope this helps
Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon
Answered: Thu, 3 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor