Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Suffering form lumbar disc reherniation

Hi there. I had surgery for a 2 cm disc herniation end Nov 2010. This caused problems down to S5. I lost feeling in left leg and would fall. Needed emergency surg. In was feeling better after surgery, except pain in upper back. MRI revealed small centralndisc protrusion c6/7. For the past couple of weeks have had really bad pains again in left calf, numbness , falling, dizziness ,nausea ( I do not eat well due to this however I am really overweight), and recently last week or so I am having trouble with bowel movement . I feel like I really have to unload and I have some small stringy movement or very loose mucusy movement. I noticed I am leaking a bit of urine too and feel I cannot empty,but always want to go.? Pain still in lower back. I am a 39 yr old female who also underwent an extensive abdominal surgery in Oct 2010 due to adhesive disease, huge cystic ovaries that were adhered to bowel and bladder on left side and on my right the appendix was wrapped around my cystic ovary and adhered to the abdominal wall. All was removed . Hysterectomy of uterus and tubes in April 2010. Could I have reherniatednand have cauda equina syndrome?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  296
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello there..
welcome to healthcare Magic forum..
Cuada Equina usually presents with following symptoms..
1)Low back pain
2)Pain in one leg (unilateral) or both legs (bilateral) that starts in the buttocks and travels down the back of the thighs and legs (sciatica)
3)Numbness in the groin or area of contact if sitting on a saddle (perineal or saddle paresthesia)
4)Bowel and bladder disturbances
5)Lower extremity muscle weakness and loss of sensations.
Since you have more than one of these symptoms you could have re-herniated. So I would suggest you to consult a neurlogist immediately and get CT AND MRI scans done which would help you with further management!!
Hope this helps!!
Take care!!
Answered: Sat, 5 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor