Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Suffer from thinning of retina. Blurred vision, sensitivity to light and difficulty in reading. Is this a normal problem?

I was diagnosed with a thinning retina (central vision is blurry, difficulty reading & very sensitive to light). I would like to get a second opinion but how do I find out which specialist has experience in dealing with my problem? I m sure whoever I call will tell me they can help...but I would like to find someone who has dealt with this before. I am 36 & in otherwise good health
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear M, Thinning of retina may be due to macular hole, macular scar, foveal aplasia..etc.You have to show a retina specialist who can do a dilated fundus examination along with some specific investigations like Fundus fluorescence angiography, optical coherence tomography to find out the exact cause of your thinning.Don't panic.Just visit a retinal surgeon who can help you out in the best way possible...TC..Dr Ajay Shankar Kar
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor