Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suffer from stomach problem, depression. Need medication

Hello i wanted to discuss my moms situation she has this stomach problem since 15 years she did endoscopy at that time that showed some kind of bactaria when ever she eat lemon or citric things it get worse she get cold sweats n a lil burning feeling in stomach sometimes she she says the gas is going towards my back n sometimes in head she feels very depressed n she is afraid of the doctors too that may b i m suffering from something dangerous she having medicane name rezik plz suggest something for her as shes in sever depression becoz of this
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Your mother symptoms are related to depression. Depression can manifest with not only psychological symptoms but with a variety of physical symptoms also like: IBS like symptoms, dyspepsia and medically unexplained somatic symptoms etc.

There is no way by which gas can transferred from abdomen to head, but we used to see similar complaints from depressed patients. It is better to get evaluated by psychiatrist for depression and start treatment accordingly.

For long term control of depression following measures are helpful: relaxation exercise, medicines like SSRIs and non drug treatment like CBT.

Wish you all the best.

Dr Ashish Kumar Mittal
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor