Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Suffer from headache after head being hit on a wall. Feeling sleepy. Should be concerned?

I banged my head pretty hard on a wall today. At the back of my head further near the top. It hurt quite a bit. Then was fine for the rest of the day. 8 hours later i m getting a headache at the back of my head on the right side. I feel a little sleepy too but i was up early in the morning. I get a bit worked up over nothing sometimes. I feel a bit sick too. Should i be worried?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query,

The absence of symptoms like vomiting, loss of consciousness, seizures, bleeding from the nose/ear etc would suggest that you do not have serious brain injury (though cannot be excluded definitely). You may try simple analgesics and observe for 3-4 days. If you have persistent headache, you may consult a local physician.

Hope this helps
Best wishes
Answered: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor