Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Stomach pain under belly, USG showed small gallbladder polyp, enlarged ovary, chronic cholecystitis. Treatment advise?

My wife is 42 years old. He had been suffering from stomach pain (right side) under the belly. Now she is ok. USG done and the report shows Small gall bladder polyp . Enlarged left ovary. Chronic cholecystitis with? etc..... Now in this stage how shall i proceed? what shall i do? Please suggest me. email address: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  183
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
In my opinion, your wife needs to be operated in an elective fashion. The surgery that is to be done is elective cholecystectomy (laparoscopic cholecystectomy). This can be planned in the next 2 weeks. That will be the treatment for this process.
Also, she needs to start restricting fatty foods. These will only increase the pain she has.
Please see a surgeon. He will be able to help you out.
As far as the enlarged ovary is concerned, we need to start by doing an ultrasound of the pelvis. Depending on that and the history, further evaluation would be needed.
Dr Aparna
Answered: Fri, 14 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pulmonologist Dr. Arnab Maji's  Response

Thanks for your query.

See as your USG whole abdomen shows small gall bladder polyp and chronic cholecystitis I suggest you to take a consultation of a general surgeon or gastrosurgeon. As it is symptomatic I suggest you to go for laperoscopic cholecystectomy and send the sample of polyp to biopsy for histopathological examination to diagnose it specially to exclude malignancy. You should consult your surgeon for this issue. Because if this polyp is small or asymptomatic then chance of malignancy is rare. But if it is more than 5-10 cm and gradually increasing in size then chance of malignancy is higher. Otherwise you can have an USG of upper abdomen every 3 months to keep an eye on the size of polyp. If it is increasing then its better to have cholecystectomy followed by biopsy. I advise you to take decision only after consultation with a good gastrosurgeon or general surgeon.

Hope I have answered you. If you have further queries you can ask our premium forum.

Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 14 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor