Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Spider byte, red itchy spot on scrotum. Treatment? +

HI, I have a small deep-red dry itchy spot, a little larger than the circumfrence of a pencil eraser on the forward facing skin of my scrotum ... I vaguely recall several days ago, while in bed, suddenly jumping out of bed , thinking i was bit by an insect down there because of the sudden stinging pain ... thought a spider or something may have bit me, though I didn't discover one... and now last night I just noticed this deep red spot, though my scrotum has been itchy for a few days now ...
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi red itchy spot on the scrotum can be insect bite reaction.or spider byte can be cured by atarax 25 mg at antibiotic twice daily and application of flutibact ointment.if there is lot of pain use combiflame tablet twice daily
If no response use short course of steriods see for other spots in other areas
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor