Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Soft squishy growth on nose, tried apple cider vinegar, no help. How to get rid of it ?

Hi, I have a growth on my nose , it is soft squishy and I thought it was a giant pimple . it appeared about a month ago, it never came to a head, i got worried and put apple cider vinegar on it. I thought it was healing cause it scabbed over, but the scab fell off yesterday revealing the bump once again. But I think by putting apple cider vinegar on it I damaged my skin on the spot. i don t know what it is, but I don t like it. What can I do to get rid of it?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for your query.

You seem to have developed a lesion of acne cystica over your nose.

You should stop all local and home treatments of the same. You might do more damage to it.

You need to consult a dermatologist so that proper oral and topical antibiotics can be prescribed for the same.

Avoid touching or squeezing the lesion as it will lead to more scarring.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Tue, 30 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor