Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Small child, swelling above left ear, fluid under skin, no lethargy. Causes for symptoms?

Hi there, I woke up this morning to feed my 2 month old son and I noticed that he had swelling above his left ear the about the size of my palm (3-4inches in diameter) When I pressed on it, it seemed as if there was like a 1/4 of an inch of fluid under the skin. It did not appear to bother him. He is not lethargic and his pupils seem to be dilating alright... What could this be?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Considering the fact that the child is in good shape, is a good sign, This does not however rule out the fact that s its better to meet the primary care physician for a true diagnoses. You might be neglected a cold abcess ro something that mild reveal its self in the future. AS clear cut diagnoses from your doctor for reassurance in the best thing to do.
thanks, Luchuo, MD>
Answered: Sat, 26 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor