Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Small child, suffering from ADHD, lack of concentration, hyperactivity. Treatment options?

hi i am XXXXX child is adhd kid. he is 5yr old. he has lac of concerntration. and he is so hyper. could u plz tell me any medicine for his hyperactiveness. he is not sitting in classroom. so he is not going to school. i am following him vcfc diet which is advise from childern schyologist.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
I appreciate your concern.your child is suffering from ADHD,there are two modalities of treatment one is behaviourial therapy and other is medication.i advise you to get consultation from a psychiatist or pediatrician.You need to be patient with your child.try to channelize him to some constructive work,teach him relaxation techniques appropriate for his age,this has to be a team effort from his parents.teachers.
give him good balanced diet,avoid coffee,chocolate drinks as they contain caffeine.
hope your son will lead a normal life with your love and care.
god bless.
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
Hi Poornima
There are medications for the treatment of ADHD. Those are brain stimulant drugs which can be used only on the prescription of psychiatrist. So consult a Pediatric psychiatrist for the evaluation of your child and for the planning of strategies to manage your child and for the reuired medication advise.
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor