Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Small child, constant stomach pain, severe cramps, vomiting episodes, appetite loss. Treatment options?

My son is 6 years old. He is constantly complaining of his stomach hurting. Today he is crying saying his tummy his cramping worse than ever. He has thrown up twice today but it didn t look like a stomach bug vomit . He can not eat and he can t sit still. I can not even rub his tummy with out him crying. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
abdominal has a lot of causes, thus usually requires skill an experience at times to make a clear cut diagnosis. Simple medical conditions could at times false appear as really too serious, as well as, severe conditions could be ignored from the start. This cut off is usually well defined by a good clinical evaluation, ultrasound and at times plain films of the abdomen.
Pain, restlessness, vomitting could be suggestive of an intestinal occlusion or intususception, although rare at this age. It could also be interesting to know if the child stools normally or not, if the abdomen is distended or not and if the child makes gas..
All these parameters shall be important. Visiting your primary care physician for a proper examination and probable paraclinical examination s for a specific diagnosis is an ideal options.
Thanks and I hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Md Iftakhar's  Response
Hi Lisa,

The problem you are describing can be because of many things depending upon for how long this is going on and how frequently this happens and how this releives. It needs a full work up to make sure the cause for this condition.
If this is causing significant proble with the feeding and growth of your child, I would suggest you to consult your doctor regarding this and have a complete work up to make sure the cause for this condition.
This can be anything from a simple infection to some surgical condition and anyother thing. It is very difficult to guess about the condition without having proper history, exmaination and investigations. So my suggestion is to consult with some doctor to have a proper work up.

Thanks and take care.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor