Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Small child, breastfed. Taking lactogen-1, does not like consuming it. Can we switch to nan pro-1?

Hi, We have been breast feeding our baby along with Lactogen 1 from her birth since breast feed has not been sufficient for her. She used to like Lactogen 1 Formula but from past 1 month she does not show interest in consuming it. Currently she is 3 and half months old, is it advisable to shift to some other formula such as Nan Pro 1.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Hi Zaheer,
Exclusive breastfeeding till 6 months of age is the best feeding for the baby.
But if breastfeeding is not sufficient , weight gain is not adequate alone with insufficient breast feeds formula feeds can be advised.
You can try Nan Pro 1 in the place of lactogen 1 but the feeding technique should be proper and hygeinic to prevent the infections associated with formula feeding.
Hope i have answered your query.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor