should he go to emergency room or wait (85% blockage in cornonary artery)? My dad has a blockage of 85% in his coronary artery. He has no health insurance. He had an appointment with a Dr who has cancelled on him 3 times due to emergencies coming up. I m worried that if he keeps waiting on this Dr. to see him he could have a stroke. Could he go to the Emergency room to get his surgery? What other options does he have?