What causes body tremors and tightness in throat when suffering from hypertension?

Question
I have a couple of events where I wake up feeling a little cold especially in the hands but have a varying degree of whole body tremors. My blood pressure at that time had risen to 195/95. There was a slight tightness in the throat gradually radiating down the sternum. On one occasion I went to hospital but the event went away after a short time. Have since had a stress test with no difficulties recorded. Take Atacand Plus 32/12.5 once a day in the morning. This morning had a simular event but to a lesser degree. I was able to walk around this morning and had several glasses of water plus 2 aspro clear tablets plus a blood pressure tablet during event which lasted perhaps 30 min. I am 72, 90kg and very XXXXXXX and usually active.
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
REVIEW OF ANTIHYPERTENSIVE DRUGS NEEDED.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have carefully gone through your query and understand your concern.

The symptoms in your case point towards "hypertensive urgency crises or malignant hypertension",which represents organic symptoms secondary to rapid elevation of blood pressure.

A tread mill stress test can reliably rule acute coronary syndromes like myocardial infarct(heart attack),which can present with similar symptoms like tremors,chest discomfort..

I strongly recommend you to keep track of your blood pressure by periodic(every 15 days) monitoring and maintain a BP dairy.

I also suggest you consult a cardiologist and get a screening coronary angiography to assess the coronary circulation and heart blocks.

Screening 2-dimensional echocardiography,and blood sugar assessment (both fasting and post meal values)can help to diagnose other related medical co-morbidities.

A carefull review of your antihypertensive medications with accurate dose titration is the current need of the hour.this can prevent such catastrophic BP fluctuations.

An opthalomological exam is also needed to assess the retina/optic disc of eye to prevent optic nerve damage,secondary to elevated blood pressure.

I hope this info is helpful to you.
Wish you a good health.
Thank you,