Should a gynecologist be visited for delayed periods?

Hi, my period cycle is usually app. 28-32 days. This time it s already 37 days without period, pregnancy is not an option. If it comes until day 40 and then next month the cycle is well again, should I still visit a gynecologist? I m 32 years old and for the last 20 years my period was always in the 21-36 daya cycle. If it doesn t appear at all or if it delays next month again I sure will search for advice, but if it happens only once I probably don t need to worry? Thank you in advance for your advice.
Tue, 25 Sep 2018

You can wait a few more days and repeat the urine pregnancy test.

If periods are delayed long, you can consult a gynecologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,