Should I continue Sulfasalazine for abdominal bloating and constipation?

I have been diagnosed with Chrones and been taken Sulfasalazine. My doctor said I could try stopping it if I wanted to because he has never seen any sign of Chrones in the last 17 years. My Chrones was diagnosed in a different state by another doctor through a biopsy. Since stopping the medication I have been bloated and constipated somewhat. Do you think I should go back on the medication.
Mon, 5 Mar 2018
Hello there I have read through your question and understand your concern. Colonoscopy is the most accurate method of diagnosing crohn's disease. Since the surgeon has diagnosed you with crohn's after doing a biopsy he is most likely correct. You have said that you have started experiencing bloating and constipation after stopping salfasalazine it further confirms your diagnosis. I would advise you to consult with another surgeon and take a second opinion about your case. I hope that answers your question. If you have any further questions please feel free to write. Thank you for choosing healthcare magic.