Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Should I be worried about Concussion ?

My boyfriend recieved his second concussion in the last year playing football. The first one was a 2 on a scale of 3 (3 being the worst). The more recent one was two days ago, and he blacked out momentarily afterwards. He has had constant headaches and difficulty walking. Last night he wet the bed which he has not done since he was a child. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  475
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

Hi such occasional bed wets could be due to excessive drowsiness and should not be a problem. It is more prevalent if he is under the influence of alcohol. However he does require a physical examination and needs to be assessed.

Answered: Mon, 3 May 2010
Psychiatrist Dr. Manjula Rau's  Response
dear a
after concussion such symptons indicate subdural haemtoma
so get amn mri and consult a neurosurgeon
it is treatable all the best
Answered: Tue, 15 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
please take your boy friend to neurosurgery emergency immediately and get admitted for urgent management delay may cause irreversible damage
most probably he is having internal haemorrage and need urgent intervention
Answered: Mon, 14 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor