Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Severe Pain in my upper right rib area for one month

Severe Pain in my upper right rib area just above right breast radiating through my back It feels like a knife has been stuck through my upper right side ribs above my right breast and it seems to radiate through to the back area between my shoulder blades. I doubled over minutes ago as I was deeply in pain. If an X-ray doesn t show everything, who do they do it? It feels like something is inside there squeezing so hard it takes my breath away. i am 48, on high blood pressure meds as well as thyroid meds. It wakes me up during the night at times too. This has been going on now for over a month. I am fatigued now as well.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  304
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Deb Even,
Thanks for query,
Your problem might be due to,
Cardiac pain,
Costo chondritis,
Cervical spondilitis.
Go for ECG,X-ray cervical region,AP and Lateral view.
After reports go for treatment accordingly.
mean while take some analgesics.
ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor