Hello and welcome to HCM,
MRSA is a very resistant strain of Staphylococcus aureus
This bacteria is normally present on the skin.
This infection is hospital acquired and is common in patients who are on instruments like catheters, iv lines, gastrostomy, enterostomy, etc.
The strain rapidly acquires resistance against commonly used antibiotics.
In your case, it is advisable to get a culture and sensitivity done each time you get any infection on the body.
Since, you have used vancomycin
in past, there is a possibility that the bacteria may have acquired resistance against the antibiotic.
MRSA is an infectious agent so definitely it is possible to get rid of it but it resistant or in lay mans words, it is stubborn so a culture sensitivity is required each time you acquire the infection.
Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal