Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Recurring bouts of rectal bleeding, occasional leaks through trousers. What could it be?

My boyfriend is 46 the past year or so he has been having bouts of rectal bleeding . It will roughly go on for a few days then stop for a few weeks then reappear again. The blood doesn t appear dark as such but sometimes the bleeding is quite bad leaking through his trousers during the day. He drinks alcohol often but not too excessive. There doesn t seem to be signs of piles. Could you please try and tell me what it may be?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Proctologist 's  Response
rectal bleeding can be anything from piles to prolapse to cancer (please dont be afraid - but thats true),
consult a Proctologist - colorectal surgeon for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
please don't feel shy or embaressed, after all its your health and one should not delay it due to fear of unknown.
take care
wish you good health
Answered: Sat, 2 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor