Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Prostate problem, overweight, asthma, no sound sleep, ADHD. Solution?

Boyfriend, age 58...has minor prostate problems, little overweight , drinks daily, smoking with asthma . While in anxiety and fear, not having total control or the feeling he s in control and he constantly repeats himself ( started 2yrs ago ) and then when he s sleeping- he jerks, mumbles with angst and screams oh my god, sighs . It s unsettling and i worry about him. Oh and he s taken Dexometaphetamin (sp) speed for 8 yrs. 10 mg? Brown & white/clear capsules ( 2-5 daily). For ADHD . JG
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Thank you for bringing up the situation of your boyfriend within a forum like this. I think your boyfriend needs expert help of a psychiatrist and a substance abuse counselor. His prostate problems, being overweight and having asthma apart (which need to be seen by a family medicine doctor), he needs to see a psychiatrist for his sleep disorder which might be secondary to a substance abuse condition. I also feel like he may have a primary mental health problem. Please consult these specialists as soon as possible along with your boyfriend.

I hope this helped. Take care and have a nice day !
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor