Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Problem in reading on computer screen, able to read books. Nothing helping. Solution?

I can not focus while I am reading on my computer screen. I went the an ophthalmologist and there was nothing wrong. I bought the best computer screen and still did not help. I do not have any problem reading books. I only have this problem while I read on computer screen. I tried everything from changing brightness to using matte screens and nothing helped.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Orwa, I don't know your age ,but if you are 40 and above you need to have different glasses for system and books.The working distance of computer screen is 5o cm to 1mt where you need to under correct your glass power.The working distance of book is 33 cm and the glasses prescribed by optometrist is reading glasses with a working distance of 33 cm.If you are using both then you should use a progressive glass which will help you in adjusting and seeing intermediate distance. If you are not having and refractive error and not a presbyopia , you may be suffering from computer vision syndrome. You need to frequently blink your eyes while working on system , use some tear substitute as you may be suffering from dry eye syndrome. Take breaks between your work while working on computers....TC..Dr Ajay Shankar Kar
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor