Suggest treatment for diplopia

Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Double Vision and blurry vision almost everyday .Why??
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
diplopia and refractive error.refraction is to be done and error detected.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Diplopia is double vision and blurry vision is refractive error. For monocular vision there is no problem but diplopia binocular vision is lost. It can be anisometropia with difference of more then 2 diopter or amblyopia in one eye can cause diplopia. The good vision is accepted by brain and inferior vision is suppressed. Projection of eye will be for good vision. If there is severe astigmatism in one eye then the other eye may not have good vision so its vision is suppressed or there will be diplopia. It can be presbyopia which needs correction. Duration of your problem and age has not been given if possible send detail information. Check for cataract which may be the cause for diplopia.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 3 hours later
37 year old male,Duration for 2-6 months
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
fundus examination should be done

Detailed Answer:
probability of cataract is less so all probability and suggestion should be dealt with and presbyopia can be a probability. it can be just early so all probability and suggestion should be tested or excluded.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng