Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Polio attack during childhood, one leg smaller than the other. Curable through surgery?

Hi, my Son (35 yrs old) is attacked by polio during his childhood. His left leg is smaller than the right one. We tried many Ayurveda method, but no effect. He is losing self confidence due to this. So is it possible to cure through surgery. If so let me know the best hospital and place..And also the cost expense..It will be great helpful to us..Thanks....
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  158
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
Leg lengthening is possible through surgery and is successful in about 40% of the cases. Several doctors in India are doing this. Dr Subhash Shalya in Delhi and Dr Arun Sarin in gurgaon are reputed surgeons in this field. it will be pretty expensive and should cost 6-7 lakhs INR atleast. also, the procedure is very painful and has several complications
Hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 13 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Preeti Balwani's  Response
Thanks for writing us, your son may get some help from corrective surgery, if u can afford but simultaneously he needs counseling for regaining his confidence so please also consult some clinical psychologist who will definitely help him, which is more essential in such cases.
Answered: Wed, 13 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor