Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Plastic wrapper accidently went inside throat. Hurts while eating, drinking. What to do?

i was trying unwrap a new cd i had gotten and i couldnt get it so i used my teeth and it slipped real fast down my throat and u know how sticky plastic gets wen wet ive been eating and drinking and expecting it to be gone but it still hurts im thinking its a scratch but it feels like that scratchy pointy plastic what do i do? a tiny peice came out but not like real big idk
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

Without any doubt if you feel that there is something stuck in your throat and you are feeling that pricking sensation then you must definitely consult an ENT and may be even ask for an upper GI endoscopy.

In the meanwhile you may also start anti reflux medications in consultation with your doctor for proper symptom control.

Take only warm fluids

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Thu, 29 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor