Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pelvic pain. History of anemia. Have gall stones, fibroids, swollen abdominal nodes. Help

Hi, I m looking for an answer... I have this pain on my right side - hip/ pelvic (?) that gets worse when I stand for long or walk for a while. Yesterday the whole area was so heavy it felt like my back was collapsing. I want to know what doctor I must see. I am 53, at 5 ft. 6 1/2in. and weigh 68 kgs. My history : I was very healthy as a child, and was a sportsperson. I have 3 children and 2 grandchildren. I was very anaemic for many years, since my late 20s. I m improving - since menopause (?) - a few months now - hb from 8 to 10 mg. I ve been diagnosed with small gall stones. I also have fibroids . The nodes in my abdomen were swollen a couple of years ago and I was treated for TB... This pain is so restrictive. Please help.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.F.
The pain in the right hip and pelvic region that gets worst when you stand for long, or walk for a while.
You was anaemic, got gall stones, fibroids, but that is a past, need not worry about them.
You had swollen lymph nodes in the abdomen and got treated for that. But i suspect the treatment was not upto the mark, might be less drugs or less than the prescribed time.
Either this way or as a normal course there might be recurrance of T.B. arthritis of hip with or without lymph nodes.
I advise you to consult a T.B.specialist, or an orthopedic surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. You may have to go for M.R.I. besides other routine tests for confermation.
Wishing for a quick recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor