Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Painful and hard boil around buttocks, increasing in size. How can I cure this?

Hi Dr. Samuel, my name is Ogo from Nigeria, West Africa. I have this lump/ boil around my buttocks ( the walls around the line that leads to the anus ) and it is ver painful. It started as a little one, then grew bigger but it isn t too visible except felt with the palms of my hand . It is also a hard one. Please, I need your assistance on this issue.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hello i think it is abscess .it is most common over buttocks.use a broad spectrum antibiotic like amoxy-clavulonic acid thrice daily for 7 days.use a anti inflammatory agent.if not subsided consult a surgeon for incission and drainage
Answered: Mon, 12 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor