Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Pain in the arm and shoulder after falling on ice. Not able to move the wrist. Why?

I fell on the ice. Right on my elbow. It has been a month now. I can't lift my arm because of the pain in my shoulder. I also have swelling below my shoulder and pain in two spots between my shoulder and elbow. My wrist also is painful when I move it. How can a blow to the elbow cause my whole arm to hurt? And what could be wrong
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The persistent pain even after a month of the injury could be due to a bone injury in the area or a bone bruise. You need to get an X-ray of the area done for proper diagnosis. Till then use a broad arm sling for relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor