Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Back pain. No gap in L5/L6. Muscle relaxant and pain killer not helping. Suggest good orthopedic doctor

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10445 Questions
My wife aged 40 years is having severe backpain for more than 2 months now. muscle relaxant and pain killers are not helping. There is no gap in L5/L6 but the pain is not subsiding. Please suggest a good Ortho.
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The presence of severe back pain after a history of fall may be due to a minor bone injury in the area. If the bone injury has been ruled out after MRI scan, then a bed rest, physiotherapy and lumbar traction might help her in an early recovery. Doing a hot fomentation followed by application of a local analgesic gel will be helpful. Using an L-S contour belt while sitting will be helpful in maintaining the proper posture.
Nerve compression symptoms need to be ruled out after a detailed examination by a neurologist.
To find a good Orthopedician nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor