Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Pain in rightside of forehead. Pain in lower lip radiating to teeth. Inter-related?

Hi there, I am 50 year old male. For the last 3-4 month I have been having some shocking pain on the right side of forehead down my eye and to the nose . Everytime I have a shower or light touch my eyebrow there will be a shock. After some research online, the symptom looks like TN. Due to the nature of my work I travel alot and have not been able to fix an appointment with a neurologist . But for the past few week I am also starting have pain on my lower lip which is sendig a shocking pain to a row of teeth on my lower jaw. It is like having a very highly sensitive teeth. I get that every few minutes or when I speak or drink or even touching my lower lip with my tongue . All these on the right side. My lower left lip is also starting to twitch. Are all these related. They earliest appoint I can get an appoint currently is about 5 weeks. I am just wondering if it is going to get worse and what can I do in the mean time. Are the any medication I can try from a GP? Thank You
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,
After going through your history, your description of pain is neuropathic pain and one of the cause could be Trigeminal Neuralgia.
We need to first rule out other potential easily treatable causes like any dental pathology, any sinus pathology.
Please visit your doctor and after proper examination you will need proper CT scan head and /or MRI of head, even Dental CT scan or OPG to find out any cause.
If everything is fine Your consultation with Neurologist is warranted if diagnosis of Trigeminal Neuralgia is confirmed then both medical and surgical options are there commonly used drugs are Carbamazepine, Pregabalin, Gabapentin.
Please take proper prescription from Physician and if required surgical intervention may be one of the treatment modality.
Take care.
Good Luck.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Answered: Mon, 24 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor