Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest a solution for chewing food with decay in gums

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 700 Questions
My mother age of 58 is suffering with tooth pain. She has sensitive teeth and few of her teeth was removed. Dentist has advised to remove one more tooth, since gums got decayed. She has difficulty in chewing and could not take proper food. if food particle struck between teeth, it seems to be more painful. How to solve her problem of chewing food?
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Get RCT or extraction of associated tooth. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. I would like to tell you that sensitivity of teeth occurs either due to loss of enamel from teeth or due to deeply carious tooth. If she's having sensitivity in all teeth them it can be to loss of enamel.In such case, go for desensitizing paste.If still problem persists then it can be due to carious tooth ,in that case get x-ray done of that region.If radiographic & clinical condition of teeth is fine then go for Root Canal Treatment of that tooth followed by capping,otherwise get it extracted followed by placement of new teeth. As you mentioned she also has problem in chewing,its better to get capping in that region. Consult your dentist for getting proper treatment plan. Hope I answered your query. Wishing you good health. Regards Dr. Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor