Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Pain in penis after putting fistula plug. Tried nerve block, took Neurontin and Baclofin and acupuncture. How to treat this?

I had a fistula plug put in. The Doctor told me he came within a mm of a nerve not the main nerve but an offshoot after the fistula plug surgery. He said it took an unusual tract. I have had penis pain 6 months later. I think the nerve was damaged. I can have an erection but I get a lot of pain starting 20 minutes later and it is worse 2 days later then it reduces. My penis hurts when I sit on a hard seat. I had 4 different types of nerve blocks ischial spine, bilateral Pudental nerve block, Caudal nerve block, Bilateral S2 Nerve block, Ganglion impar block without any improvement. I had differential nerve block and the doctor concluded that something was wrong but I should try to address what was above the neck. I had anal massage, and they found substantial scar tissue which they tried to improve. A lot was in the Pernial nerve (one of the four nevers which feeds into the Putental nerve). So, I got mind body therapy which helped but does not eliminate the condition. I take Neurontin 3600 mg a day and Baclofin 0.5 mg. Baclofin huts my memory. I would like to have this treated. I went to an accupuncturist, but did not have results. However, he had a voltage gage and I found a sensitive spot in the center where the scar from the surgery was. What can be done to help me. I have had this problem for 4 years.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

It's highly likely that the pain is due to scar, there could have been nerve entrapment.

Would suggest you to try local steroid injection in consultation with your doctor. It has helped many of the patients referred to me.
Take care
Dr Deepak
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor