Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Pain due to impacted wisdom tooth. Pus filled hole in the gum. What should I do?

Female 19. I have a impacted wisdom tooth and it off and on hurts, & occasionally leaves a gross taste in my mouth. I brush daily and mouthwash frequently so i know its not from lack of good hygene, I just figured it was from the tooth growing in. Today it was hurting pretty bad, and there is a little hole in my gum between the tooth and the back of my mouth, and sometimes when it hurts ill put a tissue over it and keep my jaw locked and the pressure helps but today I decided to push on my gum with my hand and A TON of yellow/black chunky puss came out of it. I continued to push until no more came out then rinsed my mouth and put orajel over my gum cause it hurt. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
wisdom teeth if hurting,the best solution is to get the tooth extracted,if u ignore it can cause swelling and cause more complications.
Answered: Sat, 3 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Neha Gupta's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.

Impaction differs in many ways, as tilting to one side and causing pressure to other tooth.

Visit the dentist nearby and get a x-ray done in relation to that tooth and get the treatment plan according to that.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health.
Answered: Fri, 2 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor